October 11 is the International Day of the Girl! This year's theme is "Innovating for Girls' Education" focusing on how educating girls is the key to creating a better world for everyone.It's interesting, when we were in Africa last year - in every country we went to we asked each person we met "What is needed for change in your country?" and in every country the answer was the same.
This year - will you celebrate the Day of the Girl with us? Here's six ways how...
1) Educate yourself - You can read more about it and the importance of this day in this comprehensive article on the Huffington Post HERE.
2) Make some noise - there are great online toolkits to help you make noise for girls: HERE
3) Join the Conversation - one of my favourite Facebook groups is Plan Canada's "Because I am A Girl" - join today and along with silly cat videos and ridiculous friend drama - receive inspiration in your Facebook newsfeed. Join HERE
4) Meet Malala - This young girl inspires me so much. Watch her leave Jon Stewart speechless in this incredible new interview. (This is not what I was doing at age 16!) Watch her HERE
5) Nominate someone - nominate someone who is making a difference in the lives of girls or a woman who has made a difference in your life... and win a gift package from JustOne for yourself and the person nominated! To nominate someone - email hello@IAmJustOne.ca and tell us why they deserve to win. We will receive nominations through Thanksgiving (Well - Canadian Thanksgiving that is!) Monday October 14, 2013.
6) Show your support! Here are images you can share on Facebook or use as your Facebook profile or cover photo.
Leave a comment