Next week my sister and I are heading back to Africa to meet with our JustOne artists. As always, we are excited to get back and to see what changes there has been - as well as to assess needs, and how we can best support their communities in both Kenya and Uganda.
Over the past several years, we have been overwhelmed by people's generosity. We are constantly asked about ways that people here can help people there. We love the idea of creating connections between our North American friends and our African artists.
Here are some ways you may want to consider getting involved this trip:
1) On this visit, we will be looking to again bring safety supplies to our artists - coveralls, gloves, goggles, masks, etc. as we do not feel jeopardizing their health for our jewelry is right. If you would like to donate in this way, we are happy to deliver it for you as this will fit in our regular luggage allowance.
2) If you would like to write letters or draw photos for a class, child or adult there - we'd be happy to deliver these also!
3) If you have specific questions you'd like answered as we meet with our artists and do videos, please let us know! Is there something you've always been curious about? Let me know, and I'll do my best to get it answered for you!
4) If you would like to give financially for needs we see while there - instead of purchasing gifts here for us to take - you can send a money transfer to email@example.com and make a note it's a "Gift for Artists" and we will share with you how your gift was used!
5) Seed School who we have visited over the years in Kibera slums and love dearly - is having their Annual Walkathon while we are there. They run completely on donations and this is their major fundraising for the year to pay for all their school needs and staff salaries. I will be posting how to donate towards that also!
6) Lastly, but most importantly, we would love your prayers for safety and wisdom on the trip ahead. We leave on Thursday, February 25 and you can follow us on social media on this JustOne facebook page or instagram page - we will be posting as connection allows.
Asante Sana! Thank you very much!